Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Posts are Weird


Playing on iTunes: "Make Yourself" by Incubus

Yeah...they are. I never know what to say in a first post. I feel like I should introduce myself, but in a first post, who do you introduce yourself to? Yourself?

"Hi me, nice to meetcha. Perhaps this will result in a deep friendship....with me. Hopefully nothing more, though...as that is not what I am looking for right now." :)

Alright, might as well get it over with. The blog is to go along with my new website, as well as to document how my foray into the book writing world is progressing. I have been a fashion photographer going on five years, but I have been madly, madly, madly, truly madly in love with children's and YA books since the age of 5 (Amelia Bedelia, people!!....yeah, she still makes me laugh). Actually, I love books in general. I will read anything with words (which would be hard to do otherwise, unless we are talking about palms....but I can't do that anyways). I guess if you love to read, you just love the written word and sometimes that progresses into writing the actual words! That, ladies and gentleman, is what has happened to me. I began writing a decent horror, was asked to write a short story, and eventually began to write my book on Izzy Dagney.

Shall I introduce you to Izzy? I think I shall. Izzy is a 16 year old social recluse with just one friend, and she is currently being written into a high action, incredibly hormonoly imbalanced action novel. She probably doesn't deserve it, but the audience does. Don't worry, though....she gets the really hot guy in exchange for her pains.

Book one "Bulletproof Izzy" (that's a working title) is currently being written. I am on Chapter Five, and let me just tell you, Izzy is one smart cookie. She thinks of things I never could in her situation. The few people that have had the chance to read the manuscript have given me incredibly enthusiastic responses, which, let me tell you, is great for the confidence.

On this blog, I am going to avoid any spoilers, but will keep you informed on my writing process and any exciting developments in the publishing process. The book is scheduled to be finished in mid October, and will be sent out to publishers around December. I want to make sure they are only getting my most polished work. Feel free to ask any questions about my process, I am more than happy to share, as well as any questions about my characters and story line!! I will tell you as much as I can without spoiling it for the rest.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who happens to stumble across this page!!

No comments: