Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Perfect Music


Playing on iTunes (but only because I am not writing my book!!) "All I Want Is You" by U2

When I first began this silly adventure called "writing a book", I usually wrote in silence. This....was not a wise decision. My first couple of chapters came out well written, but with no emotion. So, I started listing to some of my favorite, more emotional music. You know...Muse, Incubus, the Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria...that sort of thing. These guys make me want to cry, throw things, and make love at the same time. Herein lies the problem. I pay more attention to the words than I do to my writing.

So, I have begun downloading music from movies that are similar to my book. I am no best friends with the Bourne soundtracks. They're beautiful and really help me feel the strong emotions I need to write with. Methinks those first few chapters are going to need a re-write. (Not that the whole book doesn't need that anyways.

Anyways...it was definitely a wise move on my part. I will listen to Muse in the car while I think, and the brilliant John Powell while I write. :)

No comments: