Thursday, September 25, 2008

Since the Question has been asked.....













Playing on the TV: Spongebob Squarepants

On my last post, Georgie B asked me what my book was about. I started to answer his kind question in the comments section, but it quickly turned into another post in and of itself....so here is that post! :) I just copied and pasted from the email....

"Hahaha... sure Georgie! I've been a YA avid, avid, avid reader for a long time, and my family finally talked me into putting one of my ideas into a book. It's proving quite a challenge, but I'm working diligently on it every single day. (I'm really proud of that fact.) Actually, I am enjoying the hell out of it. My goal is to write a Bourne type series for young adults. My main character finds out, in the first chapter, that her parents are hiding secrets (yes, yes...kind of cliche spy type secrets.) But wait!! they are not the secrets you think!! They get taken by the "enemy" and only Izzy (my teenage protagonist) can save them. Along the way, after meeting up with an incredibly attractive guy, she finds out that EVERYTHING she has ever thought about her life and her parent's life was wrong (including the cliche spy thing). She has to infiltrate two very secretive and dangerous organizations (no...not secret societies), save her parents, deal with romance, and deal with the moral dilemmas that her parents have now forced her to face.

Whew!!! That was a mouthful. I tried not to give anything majorly away....but that is the general gist of the storyline. There are steamy (but no adult sexual stuff) scenes, along with some car chase scenes, foot chase scenes, stuff exploding, and some Ah-ha! moments. I am thinking I will be finished by the end of this week, if not the beginning of next. Then, it is time for editing. I can already tell that is going to be even more time consuming. I am kinda anxious to get to it, though to see how polished it will be.

Right, now that I have written you a book just in this email.....

Thanks for the question!! Makes me feel proud to answer...."

So, that is basically what my book is about. It is the only time of the day that I allow myself any bit of seriousness. :) Otherwise, nothing but mayhem, anarchy....AND TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

4 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Sounds quite fascinating. YA is something I never read while growing up, mostly because I thought the stuff was rather cheesy (still do to a certain degree).

But...from the description of it, it sounds like its gonna straddle that line between YA and Adult.

As for editing, I wish you nothing but success in it. If you have friends to help, that's a plus. There are some good books out there, most notably "Self-Editing for Fiction Writers", that will help along the way.

Thanks for the informative post.

Serena Woods said...

Hi, Terra, your book sounds fun. :)

Thanks for your kind words on my blog and the web address you requested is:

www.purblinddesign.com

:)

Terra Chandler said...

Hey Georgie, I have a few friends that are also English majors who willing to give it a once over. I hope it doesn't come out cheesy!! (That is actually my biggest fear.) I've said critiqers online read it and they have said it's awesome, so I am hoping they are not just being nice. lol.

Terra Chandler said...

Hey Serena!! It was my pleasure!! I've checked out his work, and it is just beautiful!! As soon as I remember my password for flickr, I'm definitely going to fav. him. :) Thanks for the link!